maanantai 13. helmikuuta 2012

Beginning

Ok, so this is where it begins; my experiment on low calorie diet. I genuinely got intrigued by it when reading the studies about primates living longer lives when on low cal diet. The picture of two monkeys sais it better than words. The one on regular diet looks old and saggy, when the other one looks young and healthy.



New York Times article

I´ve had interest in this diet before, for example when reading about celebrities very restricted diets (and yes, slightly envying their very slim bodies). I don´t want to be anorectic. I just want to be slim, healthy and energetic. If I can achieve that with a diet, I want to have it a go.

Personally I think slim body is beautiful. I think most of the people feel the same although it might be inappropriate to say it aloud. And, I think, since it looks good to the eye, maybe it´s the way it should be, you know, it looks good because subconscioustly we see it as healthy; as optimal; as the way it´s "meant to be."

Curvy bodies can be beautiful also, Marilyn Monroe as a classic example, but they have good proportions also, basically meaning big boobs to balance the rest of the body. When my boobs are quite small and my extra fat accumulates mostly on my butt and thighs, my overall proportions just look better when I´m in a slim shape.


 I´ll add some photos of myself later. I´m not so big on scales (allright, I don´t own one), but I think photos can tell the truth better.

What I hope to achieve with this diet:

-more energy
-health
-slim body
-healthier lifestyle

If some of these are compromised, I won´t continue doing it. 

My English is not perfect and can sound annoyingly formal (to me it does), but this blog is mostly just for myself to write down this experience and give me extra motivation. I´m writing in English so if this hits off my experiences can help others interested in low calorie living and I get good practice in English.


I´ll be back :)

-Lilli

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti